inner_image

October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month & Race For The Cure

Cancer Awareness Month and Race for the CureMake a difference during Breast Cancer Awareness Month by joining the Race for the Cure!

September and October are important months in the fight against cancer. September is Child Cancer Awareness Month, and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In other words, fall is an important time to do your part to raise awareness and do what you can to fight against cancer!

What can you do? Fortunately, we have a definite answer for you. There is an event coming our way that gives every individual the power to step up to the plate on this important issue.

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Series has been raising awareness and money for breast cancer for years, and these standout events are about to come straight to our area. On October 3rd, the 2015 Northeastern New York Race for the Cure will be held at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. You can register or donate here!

When you participate in this race, you can rest easy knowing you’re genuinely making a difference. 100 percent of the proceeds raised at this race go back to the cause, with 75 percent saying right here in our community! That money is dedicated to help with local programs that offer breast cancer screening, education, and treatment. The other 25 percent goes to support the Susan G. Komen Grants Program.

In other words, by simply putting one foot in front of the other, you can help make serious strides towards a healthier future!

Thank you so much for doing what you can to save lives this October! Because you’re working hard to protect other people, we believe you deserve to be protected, too. To talk with an expert insurance agent about what you can do to safeguard what matters most, contact Scautub Agency in Scotia, New York today.

Our Carriers