Stay safe this Halloween with a quick review of Halloween safety tips!
Halloween is a time for spooks and scares, but don’t forget safety! With children hyped up on sugar and excited about roaming the streets with their friends, some simple safety precautions can fall by the waist side, turning Halloween night into a real-life nightmare.
Whether you are expecting trick-or-treaters at your home, or accompanying children knocking on doors, don’t fall victim to a Halloween mishap!
- Always supervise children under the age of 12! If your children are over 12, map out a route and curfew with them.
- Cross the road at designated crosswalks, or at street corners.
- Teach children to put away electronic devices when walking and to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Watch for cars that are reversing or turning.
- Always carry a flashlight. In addition, stick reflective tape to children’s costumes and treat bags.
- Only allow soft props.
- Choose face paint instead of constricting masks.
- Check candy before eating it.
When expecting trick-or-treaters:
- Clear the pathway to your home, eliminating any obstructions.
- Ensure the path is well-lit.
- Use battery-powered tea lights in jack-o’-lanterns.
- Leave your dog in another room so that they don’t get too excited with all of the visitors.
From all of the team at Scautub Agency, we hope that you and the family have a safe and happy Halloween! Be sure to visit our office in Scotia, New York, or give us a call for all of your home, auto, and business insurance needs.