Serve up this delicious dish at your Super Bowl bash.
Planning on hosting or attending a Super Bowl party this year? Then serve up these delicious loaded potato skins. Be warned; this easy and delicious recipe might just steal everyone’s attention away from the big game!
Loaded Potato Skins
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed and dried thoroughly
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 oz. bacon, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Place potatoes in a dish and prick all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a rimmed sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Brush potatoes with olive oil and season with salt. Bake until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate and reserve fat.
- When potatoes are cool, cut in half lengthwise. Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, remove middle, leaving a ¼ inch thick shell. Add skins back to the sheet pan and brush with bacon fat all over top and bottom. Bake until golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375º F. Sprinkle cheddar over potatoes and bake until cheese is melted. Top with bacon, a spoonful of sour cream, and green onions. Serve immediately.
Celebrate Super Bowl Sunday with this delicious recipe! This bar-food classic is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face this game day. If you are looking for insurance coverage this February, then contact the experts at Scautub Agency in Scotia, New York. Our experienced team is ready to get you covered today.