Celebrate The Important Stories Of Women During March
March is Women’s History Month, making it an important time to underscore how crucial gender equality is for the well-being of both genders. While we have made large strides towards equality in the United States, there are still disparities that need to be addressed. Until we have more women in positions of political leadership, until women are paid the same amount as men, and until young girls do not see “running like a girl” as a cut-down, we have work to do.
So you can take advantage of this month celebrating women and be an influencer in your community, here are a few ideas.
- Participate in local events. A bigger turnout from your community will make a bigger impact, so make sure your friends and family know about upcoming events that will celebrate women’s achievements.
- Use social media to highlight the important issue of gender equality. Share powerful stories and facts about how far women have come, and how far we have to go.
- Write an article about the issues you think are most important for the women in your community. Send it to local publications. Even if they do not publish your piece, it will remind them to focus on those issues this month.
- Host an event that will honor women in the community. Welcome nominations from the community for the women you should point out; you may not know about some of the most impactful stories in your own backyard and this can be a great opportunity to bring them to light.
- Join an organization that is fighting for equality. Together, we can accomplish much more than we can alone.
The hard work that both women and men in our community do deserves to be safeguarded. Contact Scautub Agency in Scotia for all of your New York insurance needs.