This year’s Small Business Saturday is November 25th!
Sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Small Business Saturday is an event originally started by American Express that encourages holiday shoppers to support small and local businesses. Whether you are a small business or a consumer, learn how you can get involved with this year’s Small Business Friday.
For Small Businesses
If you are a small business looking to get involved with Small Business Saturday this year, then follow these tips to get started.
1) Create promotional materials that announce your business’s participation in Small Business Saturday.
2) Announce your business’s participation online. If your business doesn’t already have a social media presence, consider creating a Facebook page and Twitter account for your business before Small Business Saturday. If your business already has social media, then publish posts that announce your participation to your followers. Use the hashtags #shopsmall, and #smallbusiness for promotion.
3) Hold a special in-store event to generate consumer interest in your business. For instance, you can hold a sale or offer seasonal refreshments to your shoppers. Just make sure you have enough staff and supplies to ensure that your event goes off without a hitch!
Small businesses are the backbone of the local and national economy. This shopping season, make sure you support local small businesses on Small Business Saturday. Here are some ways you can get involved.
1) Share your support for Small Business Saturday online. Use social media to encourage your friends and followers to give their business to small shops and independent businesses.
2) Support other small businesses. Small Business Saturday isn’t just about small retail shops; other small businesses such as restaurants, spas, fitness studios, and so on, need your support as well. Make an effort to eat at a local restaurant or to patronize an independent gym during this year’s Small Business Saturday.
On Small Business Saturday, let’s join together and show our support for small businesses everywhere. If you own a small business, then make sure you have the necessary insurance coverage to protect it from anything. To find the right policy for your business, contact the experts at Scautub Agency in Scotia, New York. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.