Independence Day is a day during which Americans all over the nation celebrate this great country.
Americans love their 3 Fs: Freedom, Fun, and Fireworks. And the 4th of July is the perfect time to gather your friends and family for delicious food, fun times, and fireworks. This year, celebrate our nation’s independence in safe way. These 4th of July safety tips are sure to keep you and your family protected, while you enjoy your holiday!
Fireworks and the 4th of July are synonymous. Here are some tips on how you can keep from visiting the ER if you’re planning on handling fireworks:
- Never disassemble or try to make your own fireworks.
- Don’t point sparklers or fireworks at yourself or others, especially while they’re being lit.
- Only light fireworks on the ground and in areas that are dry and fire resistant.
- Don’t attempt to light multiple devices at the same time.
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks or sparklers.
- Always keep a portable fire extinguisher close by. Also, keep a water hose or buckets of water nearby to put out fires.
Before you light your grill as the Master Chef, here are some tips to keep your home and family safe:
- Never grill indoors, in the garage, in any enclosed area, or on a surface that might catch fire.
- Keep children away from grills.
- Gas leaks, blocked tubes, and propane tanks can be a cause of grill fires and explosions. Check gas grill hoses for cracks, holes, and leaks.
- Keep the grill at least two feet away from decks, siding, branches, and any outdoor equipment that can catch fire quickly.
Taking the necessary steps to ensure a safe 4th of July is important, but there’s only so much you can do before things are out of your control. The proper insurance will cover you in case any holiday activities turn on you. Get more coverage for less unnecessary cost by contacting Scautub Agency in Scotia, New York.