It is almost time to get back to school ready! We all know how trying of an experience this can be because let’s face it, who wants summer to end? The transition back into the school routine does not have to be a stressful experience, as long as you follow these 5 helpful tips:
- If your child has put off reading for the majority of summer, begin to reintroduce this habit a few weeks before the first day of school. If they complain, explain to them that this will ease the transition back to regular homework and reading.
- The most challenging summer habit to break by far is sleeping in. Start setting an alarm earlier and earlier each day about a month before the first day of school. When your family rises earlier, they will go to sleep earlier. This will significantly ease the transition back to school.
- Plan to go back to school shopping well in advance. If you wait until the last minute, all of the good supplies may be gone. Get the shopping out of the way so that you can focus on more important planning matters.
- Designate a space where your child will complete their homework each day and clear the zone of all distractions. This is a good time to organize their school supplies and necessities on their desk area as well.
- Most importantly, schedule a family meeting where every member of your family determines what goals they would like to achieve this year. You may want to increase incentives by rewarding those who achieve their goals by the end of the year.
Contact Scautub Agency for all of your Scotia, New York insurance needs. We want to provide you with the peace of mind knowing your entire family is adequately protected in all realms of their lives.