Make sure your home stays safe whether you’re at home or away this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is a day of fun, food, and family. But there are certain risks your home faces on this holiday. Whether you are entertaining guests or are away traveling this Thanksgiving, make sure your home is secure. Protect your home by keeping these Thanksgiving home safety tips in mind.
If You’re Staying Home
1) Make sure you have fire and carbon monoxide detectors installed. You should have both kinds of detectors on every floor and in every sleeping area of your home. If you already have detectors, then test them and make sure they are functioning correctly.
2) Another way to keep your home safe is by removing fire hazards from your kitchen. During Thanksgiving, you will use your stove and oven for extended periods of time. Make sure you decrease your risk of a fire my moving flammable items such as wooden utensils, dish rags, and pot holders away from your stovetop and oven.
If You’re Travelling
1) Consider installing a security system to keep your home safe while you are away. In addition to protecting your home from burglars, many security systems also offer 24-hour fire monitoring systems.
2) Don’t post your travel plans on social media. While you might want to keep your friends and followers updated, you shouldn’t broadcast that your home will be uninhabited online. Telling people that you will be away for extended periods of time might make your home a target for thieves and vandals alike.
3) Secure your home before your leave. Make sure all windows and doors are locked securely. Additionally, do not leave a spare key out. Even if you think the key is hidden, leaving out your spare could compromise your home’s safety.
Follow these tips to make sure your home stays safe this Thanksgiving. Another way to make sure your home has the protection it needs is by having the right insurance coverage. To find the right policy for you, contact Scautub Agency in Scotia, New York. Our dedicated team is ready to get you covered today.