The harsh New York winters can prove to be an extremely challenging obstacle, especially if you are not prepared. When it comes to making sure you can get over any winter hurdles that come your way, you must be equipped with some essential emergency items. We want you to be safe on the cold, wet, and icy New York winter roads, which is why we have gathered a list of things to keep in your car during winter:
- It is extremely important that you have a stocked first aid kit that is ready to assist whenever you are in need. Double check to make sure that anything you could need can be found in this kit before hitting the wet and icy roads.
- If your car breaks down on the road, you will need something to keep you warm. Stock your car with some extra winter clothing and blankets just in case of an emergency. Likewise, you will want to keep a battery operated radio in your car with extra batteries just in case you need to get in touch with the rest of the world and the electricity in your car is not functioning.
- Everyone should have flares in their car, especially during the winter. If your cell phone runs out of battery or is out of service and you are in need of assistance, these flares will inform authorities of your location.
- You never know how long you could be stranded and secluded from the real world, so make sure to have some nonperishable food items and water in your car at all times.
- In addition to these major items, make sure to add emergency tire sealant, an ice scrapper, and jumper cables to your car emergency preparedness kit for extra security.