Motorcycle insurance is a must if you are planning on hitting the road with your wheels, so it’s important to know what’s being covered.
Riding a motorcycle is a great way to become one with the road. Unfortunately, that sentence can be read metaphorically or literally. Just in case you or your bike ever actually meet pavement, motorcycle insurance is there for you. Motorcycles are inherently more dangerous than driving a car, so the likelihood of you being involved in some accident is greater—with the injury of the accident being more because there are no bumpers or airbags to cushion the collision. Know what motorcycle insurance covers in case you ever need to file a claim.
Types of vehicles that are covered.
Coverage isn’t just for motorcycles; there are other motor vehicles that can be covered by motorcycle policies, including:
- Street-sport bikes
- High-performance bikes
- Limited-production and custom bikes
- Touring and sport-touring bikes
- Vintage bikes
- Motocross bikes
- Off-road/dual-purpose bikes
Types of motorcycle insurance coverage.
- Liability insurance – Bodily injury and property damage protection are almost always required. If you’re ever involved in an accident, liability coverage protects you from having to pay other people’s injury or repair bills.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage – Liability insurance helps others, while collision coverage helps you repair your bike if you are the cause of an accident. It also helps cover the cost of equipment that was damaged, like helmets. Comprehensive covers incidents that are non-collision related, like a tree branch crashing down on your bike or theft. Comprehensive coverage can help pay the damage or even replace your motorcycle altogether!
It’s important to have the right motorcycle insurance policy. For the right coverage with your motorcycle insurance and peace of mind for when you hit the open road, contact Scautub Agency in Scotia, New York.