This delicious spring recipe is sure to make the beginning of the season a great one.
Pasta Primavera translates to Spring Pasta, so if you’re looking for something to cook in the spirit of spring, look no further. This is a straightforward recipe: fettuccine tossed with array of fresh spring vegetables. When it’s done right, this is one of the greatest seasonal recipes you can make. If you follow this recipe, you’ll see what we’re talking about!
- 1 bunch asparagus, stalks diced, tips left whole
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or as needed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shelled English peas
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Hold the basil bunch by the stems and dip leaves in boiling water until bright green, about 2 seconds. Immediately immerse basil in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Once the basil is cold, drain well. Remove basil leaves from stems and discard stems.
- Blend basil leaves, 1 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup olive oil, and garlic together in a blender until smooth.
- Stir fettuccine into the same pot of boiling water, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite—about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir leek and green onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeno and salt; cook and stir until jalapeno is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir 2 cups chicken broth, zucchini, sugar snap peas, and English peas into jalapeno mixture; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add asparagus and continue cooking until asparagus is soft, about 3 minutes more.
- Pour 1/4 cup basil-garlic mixture into zucchini mixture and cook and stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place pasta in a large bowl; pour zucchini mixture over pasta and pour remaining basil-garlic mixture over the zucchini mixture. Spread Parmesan cheese over the top. Toss mixture briefly to combine and tightly wrap bowl with aluminum foil. Let stand until pasta and vegetables soak up most of the juices and oil, about 5 minutes. Toss again.
We at Scautub Agency hope you enjoy this delicious recipe. For any insurance questions you may have, contact Scautub Agency in Scotia, New York.